Protection for When Mistakes Happen
We understand slip-ups can happen when balancing your checking account and that is why we offer overdraft protection options for the following transactions:
- ACH Payments
- Online Bill Payments
- Visa Check Card (purchases only, not ATM cash withdrawals)
What you need to know about overdrafts and overdraft fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but the credit union pays it anyway. We cover your overdrafts in two ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a line of credit or savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more about these plans, please call the credit union at 610.372.8010.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following type of transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Discovery FCU pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $30.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Discovery FCU to pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want the credit union to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, you must complete an ATM Everyday Debit Card Transaction Opt-In Form.
If you have any questions regarding our credit union overdraft protection options, please contact us.Book an Appointment