Join our team as a Universal Associate I
At Discovery FCU, we’re dedicated to making the experience of coming to work each and every day with us friendly and engaging. We’re a family, and the time we spend together is full of support, collaboration and camaraderie, and its fun. We’re also serious-minded professionals who take our responsibilities to heart. We’re 100% dedicated to the member experience and helping our members, our neighbors, our community, our families, and everyone we come in contact with live better lives financially. And, this dedication shines through in everything we do.
Who We Are
Discovery FCU is more than just a place you bank. We’re your neighborhood credit union that has been serving Berks County since 1959, and we always put our members first. We’re strong supporters of the credit union movement and the philosophy of people helping people. We genuinely want to help our members and provide them with the education, support, and guidance to build strong, independent financial futures. We are dedicated to serving our members with personal attention, dedication, and professionalism during each and every interaction we have with them. And, we want your help.
What’s in it for You
- You’ll be a financial services guru. You’ll gain a solid understanding of the structure of a credit union, its purpose, and how we’re different than a bank. We’ll arm you with knowledge of products and services, and compliance with financial regulations. This in-depth knowledge will prepare you for career growth within the credit union.
- Great benefits. Beyond healthcare, dental and vision insurance, we offer personal time off, employee discounts on loans, employee referral incentives, and more.
- This is a career. The Universal Associate position is the foundation of a career with Discovery FCU. You will participate in a robust training program that will develop your skills and knowledge. We believe in investing in our employees’ growth and we promote from within.
- You help our members afford life. At Discovery FCU, you have the opportunity to make a difference. The joy that comes with making a member’s day, and maybe helping them buy their first house or go to college, is an incredibly good feeling.
What Will You Do
As a Universal Associate I, you will be the first person our members, potential members, vendors, and others see when they visit the credit union. In fact, members may think of you when they think of Discovery FCU, making your job one of the most important.
You’ll be required on a daily basis to do the following:
SHARE your in-depth knowledge of our products and services with our internal and external members.
TRANSACT deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and payments with passion, professionalism, and accuracy.
PERFORM advanced frontline transactions like IRAs, CDs, wire transfers, and calmly handle disputes.
PROVIDE meaningful, careful, focused, and ethical lending solutions, and ultimately close loans.
REMEMBER our members, greet them by name and make them feel like family.
INNOVATE with your ability to develop and adapt to new approaches, concepts, methods, models, designs, processes, technologies, and systems.
VALUE our members by going above and beyond with a genuine desire to help our members and exceed their expectations.
EDUCATE our members on the ways we can help them afford life by actively listening to our members and understanding their financial situations.
UTILIZE tablets, iPads, and smartphones to personally demonstrate alternative banking channels, including mobile and online banking.
GROW with us by immersing in financial industry trends, products, services, and technological advances.
Who You Are
- You are authentic and passionate about helping others.
- You enjoy learning and want a career…not just a paycheck.
- You have an in-depth understanding of financial products, services, and lending programs.
- You’re comfortable recommending and processing financial products and services, including loans.
- You embrace change and seek new ways to serve our members and the community.
- You work well with others, even when things don’t go as planned.
- You are innovative and thrive on challenges.
- You perform at a fast pace and flourish with change.
Other Important Information
This is a full-time position that works a flexible schedule Monday thru Friday, including rotational Saturdays – 40 hours per week. You’ll use standard office equipment such as computers, calculators, copiers, fax machines, and more initially however, Discovery FCU is embarking on a digital-first journey that will introduce you to tablet banking, self-serve kiosks, and other technologically advanced tasks.
How to Apply
We’re excited that you want to join our team! If you’re interested in our Universal Associate I position, please forward your resume to:
Wendy Marshall, Member Experience Manager