On March 11, 2021, U.S. President Joseph R. Biden signed the American Rescue Plan bill authorizing additional Economic Impact Payments (EIPs)—also known as stimulus payments—to many Americans to help them pay expenses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Following are a few key points to keep in mind if you think that you may be receiving a stimulus payment in the coming weeks. Please visit the government website irs.gov for more detailed information, which will be updated as new information becomes available.
Who will get a stimulus payment and how much will it be?
Your eligibility, the amount you will receive, and where and when your payment will be made is the sole decision of the IRS. Our branch and call center do not have access to this information. Visit the IRS website and use the Get My Payment tool for specific information.
When will I get my stimulus payment?
- Distribution of economic impact payments begins mid-March 2021 and continues for several weeks, and the payments will be distributed automatically, with no action required for most people. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible for them.
- If you have not received a stimulus payment by the third or fourth week in April 2021, you should check the IRS website for more information on payments—only the government has this information.
How will I get my stimulus payment?
- The IRS will direct deposit payments into a financial account that the tax filer provided on their most recent tax return. If direct deposit with the IRS has not been set up by the taxpayer, the IRS will mail checks or prepaid debit cards.
- If you have a pending stimulus check to your Discovery FCU account, it may show as a pending transaction in your online/mobile banking account notating the total deposit amount and the release date. The credit union will not receive those funds from the government to post to your account until the date stated, therefore we cannot release those funds to your account earlier than the stated release date.
Is there anything I can do that will help me get my payment faster?
- Please note that Discovery FCU cannot do anything to speed up government payments; it receives money when it is provided by the government.
- The most important thing members can do to assist with getting their stimulus payment as quickly as possible is to ensure your account number and routing number provided for direct deposit are correct with the IRS.
- You can find the correct Discovery FCU checking account number to provide for direct deposit to your Discovery FCU account by logging into online/mobile banking. Select your checking account on your dashboard to go to the account details page. Then select the ‘Account Info’ tab. The number to use will be displayed under MICR Number.
- Discovery FCU’s routing number is 231385646.