Job Posted 11/4/2021
Member Experience Advisor
At Discovery FCU, we’re dedicated to making the experience of coming to work each and every day with us friendly and engaging. We’re a family, and the time we spend together is full of support, collaboration, and camaraderie. We’re 100% dedicated to the member experience and helping our members, our neighbors, our community, our families, and everyone we come in contact with. And, this dedication shines through in everything we do. We have an exciting career opportunity available for you to join our team as a Member Experience Advisor.
Who We Are
Discovery FCU is more than just a place you bank. We’re your neighborhood credit union that has been serving the Berks County community since 1959. We’re strong supporters of the credit union movement and the philosophy of people helping people. We genuinely want to help our members and provide them with the education, support, and guidance to build strong, independent financial futures. And, we want your help.
What You Will Do
A Discovery Member Experience Advisor is responsible for building and strengthening relationships with Discovery members, and is accountable for discovering, anticipating, and meeting their financial service needs through the active promotion, sales, and delivery of our products and services. They professionally and accurately perform financial transactions for members and recommend products and services to help members achieve their financial goals.
As a Member Experience Advisor, you may be the first person our members, potential members, vendors, and others see when they visit the credit union. In fact, members may think of you when they think of Discovery FCU, making your job one of the most important.
Here’s what a Member Experience Advisor’s day looks like:
- Listen to our members and comprehend their situations and needs with empathy, compassion, and understanding.
- Educate our members on how our products and services can help them achieve their financial goals and aspirations.
- Process transactions like deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and payments with enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Perform advanced transactions and maintenance with accounts, such as IRAs, share certificates and wire transfers.
- Open new accounts and establish new member relationships with the credit union.
- Offer meaningful, focused and ethical lending solutions.
- Provide explanations and guidance on how to use our digital products, including our in-branch self-service kiosk, online & mobile banking platforms, tablet banking, online applications and more.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve member complications, and effectively handle member disputes.
Who You Are
- You are authentic and passionate about helping others.
- You enjoy learning and want a career…not just a paycheck.
- You understand financial products and services.
- You embrace change and seek new ways to serve our members and the community.
- You work well with others, even when things don’t go as planned.
- You are innovative and thrive on challenges.
- You perform at a fast pace and flourish with change.
What’s in it for You
- You’ll be a financial services guru. We’ll arm you with knowledge of credit union products and services, and compliance with financial regulations. This knowledge will prepare you for career growth within the credit union.
- Great benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, flexible spending account, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, rate discounts on qualifying loans and more!
- This is a career. The Member Experience Advisor position is the foundation of a career with Discovery FCU. You will participate in a robust training program that will develop your skills and knowledge. We believe in investing in our employees’ growth and we promote from within.
- You help our members achieve their goals. At Discovery FCU, you have the opportunity to make a difference. The joy that comes with making a member’s day, and maybe helping them buy their first house or go to college, is an incredibly good feeling.
Other Important Information
You’ll be asked to work a full-time, flexible schedule Monday through Saturday. You’ll use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, calculators, copiers, fax machines and filing cabinets. You’ll also use advanced digital technology, such as a self-service kiosk, video banking, tablet banking, smartphones, online and mobile banking, remote access channels and more.
Please note, this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
How to Apply:
- Apply on Indeed
- Apply on LinkedIn
- Send resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Discovery FCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.