Discovery Federal Credit Union partnered with 17 regional credit unions and credit union partners, jointly raising more than $220,000 in just five days to collectively purchase and donate 30,000 Personal Protective Equipment (“PPE”) medical gowns to healthcare facilities throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
Representatives from the credit unions came together on Wednesday morning, July 15, 2020 to pack the PPE materials into a fleet of vehicles form the contributing credit unions. The gowns will then be distributed to local hospitals, skilled nursing centers and other healthcare facilities.
Discovery Federal Credit Union will individually contribute 1,000 PPE gowns to the Penn State St. Joseph’s Hospital. In total, the following Credit Unions and organizations have jointly contributed to support the gown donation program:
- American Heritage Credit Union (PA)
- American Spirit Federal Credit Union (DE)
- Belco Community Credit Union (PA)
- Citadel Credit Union (PA)
- Discovery Federal Credit Union (PA)
- Eagle One Federal Credit Union (DE)
- First Commonwealth Federal Credit Union (PA)
- Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union (PA)
- Freedom Credit Union (PA)
- Healthcare Employees Federal Credit Union (NJ)
- Penn East Federal Credit Union (PA)
- Service 1st Federal Credit Union (PA)
- Sun East Federal Credit Union (PA)
- Trumark Financial Credit Union (PA)
- West Penn P & P Federal Credit Union (PA)
- CrossState Credit Union Association (Representing PA & NJ credit unions)
- First Heritage Mortgage Services – a Credit Union Service Organization
- Shields Business Solutions
Credit unions are member-owned and operate with the inherent philosophy of people helping people. Discovery FCU is proud to have played a role in this initiative to help give our front-line responders the protection they need. We’ll post an update once we deliver the gowns to St. Joseph’s hospital.